Life > Experiences

Spring Break: The Best Way Possible

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

As the semester heads into overdrive and life, as well as schoolwork, become too stressful to handle, it is always good to take a break and find time to do the things you love with the people you care about. While spring break is all fun and games, people forget that sometimes you need an emotional break from everything – doing things that make you happy and that happiness is deeper than a quick trip to Miami.

Don’t get me wrong, Miami is full of happiness with tons of people, drinks, and parties that go on all night. It’s the beach, sand and sun. It’s a college student heaven and I would recommend going at least once while in college to get the full experience. However, there are more ways students can take a break and have fun.

This past week, a group of my friends and I rented an AirBnB in rural Natick, MA. We had a conference to go attend in Boston and decided to make the most it by having an early spring break. This wasn’t going to be your usual college spring break by the beach in the heat. No, this was us hanging out in the house, playing games, and binging shows and movies.

One day was dedicated to The Umbrella Academy and another day was dedicated to watching the whole Scary Movie franchise. All of these are highly recommended for good laughs and trash talking.

By the time I left, I felt so relaxed and free. The worries of the semester had disappeared in that short span of time. Sometimes, what we need is a break from our regular lives. Taking time to surround ourselves with positive energy is the best thing we can do for ourselves. We don’t always have to spend hundreds of dollars in some exotic resort to enjoy ourselves. We can find true happiness in an overcrowded house with a huge tv and carefree air.

Ibu Akintola

Seton Hall '20

.