South Orange’s Top Food Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Pandang

If you go to Seton Hall, chances are you’ve been to Pandang. Whether you’re there for the sushi or going for the hibachi dinner, Pandang is always a great option for dinner in town. For those of you who are 21 the restaurant is also BYOB! Always happy to provide a wine glass and some ice, all you have to do is bring the bottle.

BGR (The Burger Joint)

This burger joint is new to South Orange and is already gaining some serious fans. People are loving the burgers, fries and shakes. The restaurant is also making it a bit of a habit to give students a deal after the men’s basketball games. In the past they’ve given free burgers and 10% off your order if you come in the day after the game with your ticket.

The Trat

An old standby. The Trat is another staple for Seton Hall students, from the buffalo chicken slice to the penne vodka everything is great at this Italian place. Another great part about the Trat is that it’s perfect for whatever dining speed you’re going for. You can take the slices to go, order and eat, or sit down for waiter service. They’ve got it all down at the Trat.

Ricalton’s  Tavern

This is for those of you who are looking for something maybe a little fancier! A nice restaurant in town, Ricalton’s is known for their pub fare and brunch specials. It is also a favorite place for happy hour in town. Not only can you grab drink specials, but they also have specials on some of their food options! Balance is always key.

While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."