This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

With Greek Week ramping up, we got a chance to talk to each of the social sororities’ Presidents: Alpha Phi’s Elizabeth Burke, Alpha Gamma Delta’s Santina Bambaci, Alpha Omicron Pi’s Brianna Bernath, Alpha Sigma Tau’s Julia Beyer, and Delta Phi Epsilon’s Angelica Munoz to get their insight into Greek Week, Greek Life, and more.

Her Campus (HC): What are you most excited for about Greek Week?

Elizabeth Burke (EB): I’m most excited about seeing the dynamics of the teams and how they do in the different competitions. Since teams were put together a bit differently this year, it will be interesting to see how each of the teams do in the different events! I also love seeing how the teams prepare for the Talent Show! There are usually great surprises!

Santina Bambaci (SB): I am so excited for Greek Week’s talent show! Every year Alpha Gamma Delta looks forward to this one event! We put our blood, sweat, and tears into our routines and I can’t wait to see what we put together this year!

Brianna Bernath (BB): I am most excited about seeing everyone put their talents to use for the competition. It’s such an exciting time because everyone gets so into it.

Julia Beyer (JB): I am excited for the sense of unity with competing against all the other organizations.

Angelica Munoz (AM): The part of Greek Week I am most excited for is the Greek unity that comes with all of the competitions! Since everyone comes to all of the events to support their own organization, it gives everyone an opportunity to see people in other organizations they normally wouldn’t see during their day/week. 

HC: Why is Greek Life important to you?

EB: Greek Life is so important to me because it brings together an awesome group of people and provides a great way for students to get involved in so much on campus. With Greek Week for example, Greek Life provides a way for different organizations to pair up and take part in such fun events!

SB: Greek life is important to me because it gives you a sense of community while being away from home. It gives you a group of friends that will last a lifetime, along with many opportunities that you could never imagine possible.

BB: Greek Life is important to me because it gives me a place where I can be totally myself and feel completely at home!

JB: Greek life has allowed me to find my best friends for years beyond college. 

AM: Greek Life is important to me because it has offered so many life-changing opportunities. I am fortunate enough to represent an organization that means so much to me, but also doing so alongside other amazing women. Greek Life has fostered so many relationships with amazing women I would have never had the pleasure of knowing if I had never went out for recruitment. Greek Life is also important to me because it is a platform where I can help participate more within the community; whether it’s through raising awareness for various philanthropies or participating in community service.

HC: What is your favorite event planned for this year’s Greek Week?

EB: My personal favorite is Family Feud! It was a new event last year and was fun to watch and participate in! It is something that the teams can’t prepare for so it tends to be a very funny event too!

SB: My favorite event is the talent show. My chapter never ceases to amaze me!

BB: My favorite event planned for this year’s Greek Week is Greek God/Goddess.

JB: I am very excited for basketball because I have socks with Drake’s face on them. 

AM: My favorite part of Greek Week is actually toward the end, when the entire Seton Hall community comes together and participates in Relay for Life. The special events are happening at 1am this year, but I genuinely enjoy the atmosphere of young student leaders and members of the SHU community coming together to support one cause

HC: Do you like teaming up with other Greek organizations on campus to collaborate during this week, and why?

EB: I love it! It gives our chapter a time to go meet people in other organizations. The other orgs can also bring new insights and ideas into the chapter, especially for the big events like the Talent Show and Greek God/Goddess!

SB: I really do like being teamed up with other Greek Organizations. I feel like when we collaborate, we get a fresh look and brand new ideas. It’s a new level of creativity! Teaming up is a great opportunity to meet new people outside our personal organizations.

BB: I really liked teaming up with other organizations because it gives us the opportunity to branch out and work toward a common goal while getting to know new people.

JB: Yes, it gives us an opportunity to get to know other organizations and make new friends. 

AM: I love that we get to team up with another organization during Greek Week! The collaboration between organizations creates a team bond that normally would not occur any other time of year. It’s easier to be competitive with other people, rather than being competitive on your own (especially since students involved in Greek Life are some of the most competitive individuals I’ve ever encountered).

HC: What superhero did your organization choose as their theme for the week?

EB: Alpha Phi is Superman!

SB: Alpha Gam chose Batman as our superhero!

BB: Alpha Omicron Pi and our sister partner, Omega Phi Chi, chose Black Widow!

JB: Alpha Sigma Tau is Captain America this year.

AM: Delta Phi Epsilon and Lambda Tau Omega selected Wonder Woman as our superhero! 

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out" - Dr. Seuss