This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Think twice before you start spring cleaning out your closet and donating those dated clothes. Opportunity is always there to revamp old outfits to make them modern and cute. Perhaps take a peek in your older sister’s or mom’s closet when piecing together your #OOTD and get inspired from the fashion of previous decades. Fashion throwbacks are what’s trending now!

‘50s: Eye-Catching Cat-Eye

Have an eye for 1950s trends? Go for a bold look and wing your eyeliner or tone it down and throw on a pair of cat eye sunglasses. Either way you’re sure to look purrfect.

Businesswoman and reality star Kourtney Kardashian.

‘60s: Boho-Chic on City Streets

Loose flowy tops and dresses are a must for the spring and summer heat. Get inspiration from bohemian icons like Vanessa Hudgens for fashion inspiration.

Actress Vanessa Hudgens

‘70s: Fringe Frenzy

Fringe frenzy is stocking up the shelves at local malls and is often seen worn by your favorite celebrities at music festivals.

Fashion model Gigi Hadid at Coachella                                                                                                                         

‘80s: High Demand for High-Waisted

With a stylish crop top and your favorite pair of high-waisted shorts or pants your outfit will be to die for.

Actress and singer Selena Gomez sporting the high-waisted trend 

‘90s: Pumped Up for Plaid

Go thrifting for cheap yet durable plaid shirts. Button it down, throw it over a simple t-shirt dress, or tie it around your waist for an effortless look.

Actress Ashley Benson in plaid 

Leah Carton

Seton Hall

Leah Carton is currently a junior at Seton Hall University majoring in Public Relations. She is the News Copy Editor and staff writer for The Setonian and manages the Seton Hall Her Campus Instagram and Twitter accounts.