NATIONAL PIZZA DAY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Ham and Pineapple

Pepperoni and Sausage

Meat Lovers

Extra Cheese.

February 9, 2018 is National Pizza Day is not just for the “Pizza Lover” but also for the causal pizza eater. Deep Dish, Thin Crust, Sicilian, regardless of your preference there is a pizza out there for everyone.  Here is a list of the Top 5 Most Popular Pizza Topping:

• 5. Hawaiian
    • Another acquired taste, Hawaiian pizza is for those people out there who like a mix of flavors. Made with Ham and pineapple, the saltiness and sweetness of the toppings make for a great mix of contrasting flavors. Hawaiian pizza has cult following that cannot be ignored
  • 4. Mushrooms
    • Surprising, BUT mushrooms add a definitive texture to every bite of pizza consumed. With its earthy flavor, it might be an acquired taste, but truly deserving of a spot in this list.
  • 3. Bacon
    • If you do not like bacon, issues will definitely arise. While it is traditionally not a pizza topping, bacon adds a certain smokiness to pizza that you truly cannot find anywhere else. 
  • 2. Sausage
    • Sausage on pizza is iconic, simple, and downright tasty. Often mixed in with spices and red peppers, sausages are for the people who want a little extra kick in their life.
  • 1. Peperoni
    • Truly a classic. The Beyoncé of all pizzas. Over 36% of the pizzas ordered in the United States are Pepperoni. Pepperoni is staple in the pizza industry and personally my favorite!