This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

So, Met Gala 2019 happened on Monday, May 6. Last year’s event brought the holy, the religious, and the supernatural because of the Heavenly Bodies theme. This year, the theme was Camp: Notes on Fashion. While one might think this was based on wildlife and the outdoors, the theme was actually based off of an essay, Notes on “Camp” by Susan Sontag. The whole point of the essay is that the concept is open to interpretation and can be represented in different ways. This is great because so many people took the theme and represented it in various styles.

Here are some of my favorite looks:

Harry Styles wearing Gucci

His androgynous style was so smooth and chic, it had everyone talking about just how stunning his outfit was. It was even said that he pierced his ears just so he could complete his look with a drop-pearl earring.

Billy Porter wearing The Blonds

His Egyptians inspired style was so elaborate, it could not be missed on the pink carpet.

Kylie and Kendall Jenner wearing Versace

Even though many memes came out of this look, it was definitely a showstopper. Their outfits were compared to that of Cinderella’s ugly step sisters’ and White Chicks. However, the bright colors and coordinated styles were one of my favorite looks of the night.

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas wearing Louis Vuitton

The newlyweds went for a coordinated outfit that was both quirky and artsy.

The Met Gala still proves to be one of my favorite Carpet events because we get to see the creativity of so many designers and see celebrities from all over the world transform themselves to become easels to showcase these designs. Maybe one day, I’ll be able to afford the $30,000 ticket that allows one into this exclusive event.

Ibu Akintola

Seton Hall '20

.
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.