Meet SHUrly: Our Resident Advice Pro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: SHUrly Smith 

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology 

Minor: Creative Writing 

Hometown: New York, New York 

We sat down with our resident advice giver, SHUrly to get to know her a little better! SHUrly grew up close to South Orange in the greatest city in the world, New York. She told us how this allowed her to gain a ton of real-life expereince which led her towards pursuing a major in psychology. Growing up, SHUrly always had her friends coming to her for help in every situation. So she thought that taking on an advice column for Her Campus would be a great way to help out even more people than just her friends. “It really makes me happy to be able to help out my peeps on campus” said SHUrly. When we asked her what she hopes to do with her column during the rest of the year she said “I really want to help out my pirate chicas…and crack a joke or two along the way.” Thanks for doing you SHUrly, we love it! 

While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."