Meet Seton Hall’s Founding Zeta Tau Alpha President: Madeline Recore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Madeline Recore

Major: Biology

Minor: Business

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Watertown, New York

Campus Activities: President of Zeta Tau Alpha, and part of the Biology Club

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to apply for the President position for ZTA?

Madeline Recore (MR): I actually didn’t apply to be President. I applied for some other positions on the Executive Council, and when I was interviewed, the Director of New Chapters decided that was where I was the best fit and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

HC: That’s really amazing! How do you feel being the founding President of ZTA here at Seton Hall?

MR: I think it’s a really great experience because I get to lay the foundation for ZTA for the future on this campus. So right now we have a clean slate, we can make ourselves whatever we want. We want to be one of the great sororities on this campus and align with our values.

HC: How did the girls in the sorority react to you becoming President?

MR: They were so welcoming. I was really nervous because I’m only a sophomore and I didn’t apply for it. So I didn’t know how other girls would react, but they were so welcoming and so excited. People were saying that they couldn’t think of better leader. And they’re all just really excited about what I’m going to do for the Chapter in the future.

HC: It’s great that they were all so accepting and welcoming to you. So what do you hope to accomplish as the President of ZTA?

MR: Like I said before, I just want lay a really good foundation, because we’re brand new and we can be anything we want. I also want to establish really good relationships with the other Greek organizations. They have been extremely welcoming to us and I just want to broaden those relationships.

HC: Interesting. It’s great to know that all the Greek organizations are welcoming and you want to help reinforce your relationship with them. So, obviously you’re incredibly busy with not only a major and a minor, but being President as well, when do you have free time and what do you do during it?

MR: I don’t have a lot of free time. I do my work… But I do love to go out and eat. I will literally eat anywhere and I’ll eat anything. I do love home cooked meals but I don’t get those here because you know… my mom’s not here.

HC: Well Thanksgiving is soon upon us, so you’ll be getting home cooked meals in no time. So lastly, do you have any parting words for people who are thinking of joining a sorority next semester?

MR: Definitely register for recruitment. I always thought I was too shy to join a sorority and that I would never make friends and be accepted by any of them because I was too shy. If that’s you, then definitely go ahead and register for recruitment. Go and find your own home because I’ve definitely found my home in ZTA in more ways than I could have ever expected.

Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.