Meet EC: Events Director Gabby Heffernan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

1. What’s your favorite part about HC?

My favorite part about HerCampus is the voice we bring to women on our campus. At this point in time women are making such strides in the world and we are the next generation to continue their work for women in the future. Having a group where young women can go to write about anything going on in the world gives us an incredible opportunity to inspire others.

2. What made you want to be in charge of events for HC?

My mom was an event planner, so I think it’s partly hereditary. I also wanted to make events so that women in all different groups and clubs on campus (i.e. sports teams, sororities) can come together as one instead of being separated as we usually are.

3. What’s your dream job?

I would love to be a member of Congress by the time I’m 30. I plan on going to law school and I’m very interested in campaign management as well as running for office.

4. What’s your favorite part about Seton Hall?

Basketball!!!!!!!

5. What’s some of your keys to making it through Finals Week?

Exercise to boost endorphins, To-do lists, sleep and coffee coffee coffee!!

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change toward him. We need not wait to see what others do." -Mahatma Gandhi. I live for vanilla lattes and chocolate covered pretzels. If you don't like the color pink, chances are I don't like you. Future President... and if all else fails, future First Lady.
While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."