This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Dear you,

You know exactly who you are. You know what you said to me. You know what you did to me. I am not going to sit here and tell you word for word what you did because it’d be a book. All I can tell you is that I am better than I have ever been without you. Thank God you’re no longer close to me. Because now I truly believe your doubt in me when we were close held me back but now it only gives me motivation.

Your doubt is no longer a negative thing in my life. I hear your voice doubting me. I hear you telling me it won’t ever happen. I truly want to thank you for doubting me now. Only because now I am happier, losing weight, doing well in school, and steps closer to my dreams.

I will be great in my profession. I will be a great girlfriend to someone else. I will be a great friend to someone else. I will be a great wife to someone else.

Your doubt in me has only hurt you. Now, you are lonely without someone loving you as much as I did. Now, you are lonely without my friendship and advice. You won’t ever find someone like me. Not trying to boost my own ego but yet it’s so true. No one is going to stick around as long as I did. No one is going to love you like I did. And the only person to blame is yourself.

I am not mad at you anymore. I don’t wish you harm, but I do wish you feel the mental pain you made me feel. You got inside my head when I trusted you not to. I trusted you not to hurt me like others have, but you did. You were supposed to be different. But you weren’t. (I wish I noticed the big red flags before I got too involved with you — hopefully the red flags will hit me in the head next time).  I should have listened to my friends when they said the good wouldn’t last. When they told me that I was holding onto a fairytale that wasn’t going to have a Disney ending. Especially when we were leaving for college. They were so right.

ALTHOUGH, I must say the good times, they were really good don’t get me wrong. We had some good times. We had some funny times. We had some great times together. But you were so toxic. Some people aren’t meant to be in your life forever. Thinking about the good times with you sucks a lot, but then I come back to reality; thinking about the bad times. The times where you made me cry, the times of doubt, the times that you didn’t make me feel good about me, and that makes me happy that you aren’t in my life anymore.

Do I miss you? YES. But do I ever want you back in my life? NO. Once you showed me your true colors I was done. Once you burned me on full blast I was really done. I can miss you but don’t want you back. When the bad started to out weigh the good is when I should have ran but I waited until you burned me good. Stupid me I know. You had more time with me than you ever should have. Just know that was a super big blessing for you.

Sincerely,

Me.

I am going to be a Special Education Teacher. I love writing and I love working with kids. Be kind to one another. You are amazing.