burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

How to Look Comfortable Yet Stylish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Every morning the thought of getting dressed and looking presentable can be a very daunting task. If you are anything like me, you love fashion but sometimes just lack the energy to put together a good outfit, and makeup becomes a chore. Sometimes you just want to go class in pajamas, a big sweatshirt, slides and call it a day (trust me I have done that before), and that is totally ok – if you are doing it once a week.  Everyone has that one early morning class, and if you follow these four steps, you can look like you got up 3 hours before to get ready rather than looking like you got out of bed.

1. Joggers

Joggers are your BEST FRIEND! Imagine if sweatpants and skinny jeans got married, that is what joggers are in a nutshell. They add shape to your lower body and they allow for you to move around freely. Put on a cute crop top and voila, you have a cute outfit.

2. High Waisted Jeans

Jeans are a step up from joggers. If you are feeling a little fancy, put on a pair of high waisted jeans (bonus points if they are black because it literally matches with everything), a graphic tee and you’re set. 

3. Cute & Comfy Sweatshirt

Oversized sweatshirts are a classic. I enjoy wearing them with black leggings. This is my signature in a nutshell. It is comfortable and the pockets in the sweatshirt can literally hold all the essentials: your snacks, pencils, tissues. Anything and everything is within your reach because of your oversized sweatshirt.

4. Slides

Slides come in all different colors and if you shop at the right places (asos, forever 21) they can be pretty cheap. Some people love adidas slides, while I am more of crocs girl (don’t knock it until you try it), either way they are cute, fun, stylish and easy to put on f you are running late to your 8 a.m. class.

By putting together one or more of these items waking up early in the morning does not seem so difficult. When you look great, you feel great.

I'm a Junior at Seton Hall University. I'm a Graphic Design and Advertising Major and have always had a passion for writing. My other passions include Reality TV, specifically the Bachelor, and I spend my time listening to all types of music. I have a love for Beyonce that cannot be replicated, and I am not afraid to show it. 
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.