Has Selena Gomez Heard of “Girl Code”?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Where has the sacredness and inviolability of the “the girl code” gone? Isn’t it understood not to date your friend’s ex or, more so, your friend’s current boyfriend? Obviously, a certain Hollywood star seems to be disregarding the notion lately. Recently, former Disney wholesome star, Selena Gomez, has been called a “boyfriend stealer” and a “backstabber” by many on social media. Let’s take a look at her romantic past so we can come to an educated decision.

Aside from their on-screen Hannah Montana feud, Miley and Selena were rumored to have their differences after Selena allegedly dropped the amity in order to scoop Miley’s ex Nick Jonas. This was only the first occurrence, and who could resist?

Next, Selena and Taylor Swift shared a connection until Selena began dating Taylor’s most recent ex, Taylor Lautner. Many argued that Taylor hasn’t left the women of Hollywood with much to work with given her numerous and frequent relationships that ended poorly. Also, it seems that Lautner wasn’t very memorable considering Selena and Taylor reunited their friendship and grew closer than ever in the recent years. Still, there goes another take.

Most recently, people noticed that Bella Hadid unfollowed her good friend Selena after pictures and rumors surfaced of Selena and Hadid’s ex, the Weeknd. That was a low blow considering they only recently split after that long and prevalent relationship.

I guess it’s time to decide for ourselves. Is it merely a coincidence or is Selena the ultimate “girl code” breaker?