First day of Spring Break Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

For those of you who hate the bitter cold of winter and despise the scorching heat of summer, spring offers the perfect balance of weather bliss. Although fall is not a temperature-extreme like spring, nothing compares to the first feeling of warm sunshine and sighting of budding flowers. It is a time for sundresses instead of yoga pants (don’t get me wrong, I love yoga pants, but after months of recycling the same three pairs, I am ready to put them away). The excitement of snowfall and anticipation of cancelled classes has worn off, replaced with the eagerness for warmer weather. On March 20th, the first day of spring arrived, and I am more than ready to put the snow boots away and not be confined to the warmth of my heated dorm room.

​If you were in New Jersey during the end of February and the beginning of March, you know the weather has been all over the place, switching between sunny and 75 to below freezing. Just after the groundhog had seen his shadow, signifying a longer winter, I found myself wearing shorts and staying outside all day taking advantage of spring-like weather. Being such a big fan of spring, you can imagine how disappointed I was to be surrounded by white snowflakes in the weeks following. Although it is not definite that the official shift to spring will bring consistent weather, there is still hope for more sunshine.This is not to mention that the first day of spring and the first spring day are two very different entities. However, just the arrival of blossoming flowers and clearer skies is enough to get me excited. Alongside higher temperatures and less layers of clothing, spring has many other benefits.

​One of my favorite parts of spring is a concept that I can’tquite put into words. It seems to me that during springtimesomething in the air just makes me happier than during the rest of the year. I find myself smiling far more often on my walk to classes during the spring as opposed to my trudges across campus during winter (I think most people would agree). The struggle of putting on three different shirts and a coat, only to take most of it off when you reach your heated classroom is no longer an issue. Besides the more obvious advantages, spring has other positives that are harder to verbalize. As cheesy as it might sound, the spring air just feels more “special” than other seasons. As nice as the summer sun, fall breeze, or winter snowfall can be, the spring offers a different kind of contentment. There is nothing better than playing sports with your friends on the campus green, or just sitting on a blanket and relaxing. For many schools, spring allows for a completely new dynamic of outdoor shenanigans and renewed rejuvenation. So, for those of you who relish in all that spring has to offer as much as I do, your favorite season has arrived. Happy spring!

Sophomore Graphic Design Major and Public Relations Minor at Seton Hall University, although my 5 and an eigth of an inch stature alludes otherwise. Avid awkward dancer and aspiring Picasso. I firmly believe Mozzarella Sticks can cure any unrest, proven through my own experience. I am always ready for new adventures, some of which turn into interesting reads:)