Campus Cuties: BFFs Victoria Peloro and Jeanette Alvarez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Names: Victoria Peloro (VP), Jeannette Alvarez (JA)

Hometowns:  Holmdel, New Jersey (VP), Staten Island, New York (JA)

A brunette and a blonde with an inseparable bond! Meet our campus cutie BFFs Victoria and Jeanette!

HC (Her Campus): What are your majors and why did you choose that major?

VP: My major is nursing. I chose this major because growing up I was always around the medical field. My dad is a doctor, my aunt is a surgeon and my uncle is a doctor, so I always found myself going to work with them and loving everything the medical field has to offer. Being a nurse brings the medical field and my passion to take care of others all in one career!

JA: My major is Criminal Justice. I chose it because I had to choose a major and I had nothing else I really wanted to do. Since my whole family is made up of cops, I figured it made sense.

HC: How did you guys meet? When did you guys meet?

VP: Jeanette and I met on bid day of spring 2015. We both joined Alpha Gamma Delta and had no idea who each other was at the time. After bid day, we were both leaving the UCenter and Jeanette held the door for me. She was wearing a Burberry jacket, which is the same one that I have, and I complimented her jacket and the rest was history.

JA: And basically ever since that moment we’ve been attached at the hip! For our “friendiversary” I got us matching Burberry print letters in honor of it.

HC: When did you realize that you guys were best friends forever?

VP: We were great friends since we met each other but living together the past year and a half was when I realized we were best friends forever. We are attached at the hip and now do everything together. Living together has made us very dependent on each other and we wouldn’t have it any other way!

JA:  I think we became best friends pretty early on because we were two of the older girls in our pledge class so we stuck together, but I think it wasn’t until we started living together that we really became inseparable and best friends forever!

HC: What is your favorite thing about each other?

VP: Jeanette is like no one I have ever met before. She challenges me and makes me a better/tougher version of myself. There is never a dull moment with her and I know that no matter what, she has my back in the good times and not so good times. She is the exact same person as me so I know were always thinking the same things.

JA:  We are actually the same person so I love that whenever I think I am being crazy or weird VIP (Victoria) is the only person that gets me. She is also the most caring and genuine person I know! She takes care of me and mothers me because I don’t know how to be an adult and no matter what the situation is, I know I can count on her!

HC: What do you guys like to do together for fun?

VP: Honestly anything we do together is fun. We can make watching TV fun when we are with each other. But we love doing things like shopping, going out and going on adventures.

JA:  We definitely love to shop together. It’s our favorite hobby. And if we aren’t shopping, we are most likely talking about shopping. We also love to cuddle and watch RomComs.

HC: Are either of you in relationships and does it get in the way of your friendship?

VP: Since we have been best friends, we have both been in relationships at different times. Being in relationships with others has never gotten in the way of our friendship. We know how to use time management, so we know how to make time for each other, as well as significant others.

JA: We’ve both been in relationships through the course of our friendship. I have a boyfriend currently, but it doesn’t change anything. He knows how important Victoria is in my life and we like to say that she is his second girlfriend! Boyfriend or no boyfriend we always make time for each other.

HC: When college comes to an end, how do you plan on keeping in touch?

VP: We are always texting when we’re not with each other, so it will be easy to stay in touch. We also have big plans to live with each other again in the future, so Nett (Jeanette) and VIP will forever live on!

JA: Our plan has always been to get a cute little apartment somewhere after we graduate while she’s a nurse and I’m in law school.

HC: What is the best memory that you guys have shared?

VP: We have a million great memories, so its hard to pick one, but traveling to Italy together and spring break together is hard to top!

JA: Well as we’ve mentioned, we literally do everything together so pretty much our memories of college have all been together. But I’d say going to Italy together this past summer was definitely a highlight!

Hey there party people! My name is Sam and I am a double major in Art History and Journalism. Odd mix? Well I am an odd person ;). I have many, many passions in life; some of which include sweet corn, Vincent van Gogh, sugar, my relationship (corny whatever), the stage, writing, squatting, party pants, and The Office. If you put something in front of me, I'll probably be passionate about it. Well, that's me! Yay! Wahoo! Yee haw!
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.