Campus Celebs: Alley Ehrhardt & Jess Woloszyn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

When it comes to finding friends at Seton Hall as a freshman that was no problem for Jess Woloszyn and Alley Ehrhardt! Meeting in fourth grade, the pair has been inseparable since. Now involved and being leaders within their sorority, they are also roommates and “attached at the hip!”

Names: Jess Woloszyn, Alley Ehrhardt

Year: Juniors

Majors: Marketing and Management (Woloszyn), Finance (Ehrhardt)

Minor: Legal Studies (Ehrhardt)

Hometowns: Toms River, N.J. (Woloszyn) Bayville, N.J. (Ehrhardt)

Jess Woloszyn and Alley Ehrhardt are not in any ordinary friendship, but one that started in fourth grade, the first day of school when they sat next to each other, Junior Jess Woloszyn said.

According to Alley, they became best friends instantly and kept in touch even when the ladies went to different high schools, then decided to live together when both of them decided to go to Seton Hall University in 2013.

“We are now going on out third year of living together so we are practically together 24/7. We usually like to go out to eat together, or stay in and watch movies while getting some homework done. At home we love going to the beach and just hanging out there even when it gets chilly,” Alley said.

Going on almost 11 years of friendship, they are closer than ever before. They are both very involved on campus being members of Alpha Omicron Pi holding leadership positions and Jess is also involved in the Marketing Club.

HC: How you guys balance everything you do with school and activities?

Woloszyn: I make sure my planner is organized down to the minute and prioritize schoolwork over everything while still maintaining responsibilities to my sorority and position as Vice President of Membership Recruitment as well as social media executive of the marketing club 

Ehrhardt: I keep my planner very organized so that I can see everything I need to get done clearly, and plan ahead to make sure everything gets done. We take some similar classes so we help each other study and look out for one another.

HC: What is your favorite memory of college so far?

Woloszyn: I would say getting our bids to Alpha Omicron Pi was a day that at the time didn’t seem like it would be, but it has turned out to be my favorite memory. Me and Alley had only known each other and it was terrifying however we met so many amazing girls and both took on leadership roles, now we owe our roommates and best friends to AOII. 

Ehrhardt: My favorite memory so far with jess is when we officially joined AOII because up until that point I was starting to lose my interest with Seton Hall and I finally found my home away from home with my best friend since 4th grade. So now not only are we best friends and roommates, were also sisters which makes our bond so much stronger.

HC: Describe your friendship in one word!

Woloszyn: Special

Ehrhardt: Lifelong

Amanda Boyer

Seton Hall

Amanda Boyer is a senior public relations major at Seton Hall University. She is the Social media manager of the official school newspaper, the Setonian, as well as is a contributor to CupidsPulse.com and TheTaiLife.com which will be launching in Mid-April. Also in her junior and senior year she is the reporter for her sorority Alpha Omicron Pi’s international magazine, The To Dragma. When Amanda is not writing, she enjoys binge watching One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls and probably can recite every word. This country music lover would never be caught dead without her camera and her iced passion tea in her hands. Amanda aspires to work in corporate communications after graduation in December 2015.