Campus Celeb-Jess Wolk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Seton Hall alumna Jessica Wolk (2015), a current Viacom Production Associate for MTV2 and former Viacom on-air promos intern for Nickelodeon production management. As a student at Seton Hall Jessica majored in broadcast, visual and interactive media, with a concentration in TV production. Jessica was actively involved on campus with Pirate TV, Alpha Gamma Delta sorority, National Society of Collegiate Scholars and as a DA her sophomore year and RA her junior and senior years. Already soaring to success as a recent SHU grad Jessica Wolk is “All That”.

Her Campus (HC): What do you miss most about Seton Hall?

Jessica Wolk (JW): I miss being so close to my friends! I am still in the area, it is nowhere as close to living in the same residence hall as my friends. Something I never thought I would miss is The Green. I live in an apartment in downtown Jersey City, which has no yard or grass. I miss being able to walk to The Green and hang out for hours.

HC: What were your favorite, now throwback, Nickelodeon shows as a kid?

JW: CatDog, Rugrats, Rocko’s Modern Life and The Amanda Show.

HC: What inspired you to intern for Nickelodeon?

JW: My first internship was at MTV2. I loved the vibe at Viacom but knew it was important to show diversity on my resume. So I went to NBC and interned at Saturday Night Live. After a very trying semester I was determined to get my foot back in the door at Viacom and ended up at Nickelodeon.

HC: What was the most rewarding part of interning for Nickelodeon?

JW: Meeting such great people. I spent most of my time transcribing, so I took the opportunity to network and learn about the many different positions for the channel.

HC: How did the internship at Nickelodeon lead to your current job?

JW: My internship at Nick absolutely contributed to my current job because it helped get my foot back into the Viacom door. After my Nick internship, I transitioned to an internship with MTV2 and then was hired full time as a production associate at MTV/MTV2 in the production management department.

This or That

HC: The Caf or Commuter Caf?

JW: Commuter Caf! Only because I had $400 Pirate Bucks from being an RA.

HC: Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks from Pirate’s Cove?

JW: Dunkin’ Donuts

HC: Main floor or quiet floors of The Lib?

JW: Main floor

HC: Going to NYC or Hoboken on the weekends?

JW: Hoboken! I commute into NYC every day and like to avoid it when I can. Plus Hoboken is cheaper and friendlier. 

Leah Carton

Seton Hall

Leah Carton is currently a junior at Seton Hall University majoring in Public Relations. She is the News Copy Editor and staff writer for The Setonian and manages the Seton Hall Her Campus Instagram and Twitter accounts.