Campus Celeb- Jess Page

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Jessica Page

Year: Senior

Major: Finance and Marketing, Minor in Legal Studies

Hometown: Brooklyn, CT

When it comes to involvement at Seton Hall, Jessica Page has got it on lock! A Stillman business student double-majoring and minoring in her senior year, Jess has gone above and beyond the call of duty. She actively participates in several different clubs and organizations, Greek Life, works as a campus tour guide, all alongside interning at Seton Hall’s Undergraduate Admissions Office for two consecutive semesters. Despite her packed schedule, Jess was kind enough to set aside some time for Her Campus to answer our questions on just how she does it all.

Her Campus: What made you choose Seton Hall University?

Jessica Page: I chose Seton Hall for a few different reasons. It was actually the furthest college from home that I applied to so at first, I was a little bit hesitant, but as soon as I visited campus, I fell in love. The fact that Seton Hall gives you a big school feel with a tight knit community was crucial to my decision. I knew I wanted to go to school at a University where I could get involved, get to know all different people and not be a number in the classroom. Obviously, the business school and its great reputation was also a huge deciding factor but I could not be happier with my decision and Seton Hall has truly become my second home.

HC: What are all of the clubs and organizations you are involved in on campus?

JP: I have been involved in the Student Government Association since my freshman year and have held various roles including Freshman Senator, Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer. This year I am the Vice President. I am a founding sister of Alpha Omicron Pi and I serve on the Leaders Council as Panhellenic Delegate. I also am a brother of Alpha Kappa Psi, which is a professional co-ed business fraternity on campus. In addition, although it is not an organization, I have worked in the Undergraduate Admissions Office as a tour guide since my sophomore year and I am currently interning in the Office for a second semester. My passion and love for Seton Hall and its community has been largely impacted by working in this office and helping find future Pirates that will make our Seton Hall community even greater.

HC: How do you manage all of the organizations that you’re involved in, along with your leadership positions in them?

JP: I am asked this question quite a lot and honestly, I can say it is the passion I have for all of these organizations. I do it because I love the organizations, what they do, what they stand for and the people involved. I can truly say that getting involved was the best thing I did while at Seton Hall and I never look at these things a chore or something I need to do, but things I look forward to and people I love seeing. Even though it can get overwhelming sometimes, I love what I do and being a part of all these organizations and taking on different leadership roles I believe has truly shaped me into a better person and helped me improve my own leadership skills.

HC: Can you give us tips on your time management skills?

JP: For me, it is all about organization and taking things as they come. One of the biggest things I have learned over the past four years is that even though I have a duty to my organizations and my course work, I also have a duty to myself. It is important to take personal time, do things I personally enjoy and make time for the people in my life that are important to me. I never go anywhere without my planner though and I make a new to do list almost every day. I know I’m not perfect and I can’t be in ten places at once and sometimes I slip up, but by staying organized and planning efficiently and writing things down, I’m able to keep it all together for the most part!

HC: Being a senior, what are your plans for after graduation?

JP: Honestly, this is one of the hardest questions for me. Being a double major and having a minor gives me a bit of leeway in what I can do after I graduate. I’m not sure exactly what field or company I see myself working in just yet, but I figure if I leave my options open and apply to jobs that interest me and are related to either of my majors, and hopefully get one, I’ll be happy. I do plan on moving back up to the Connecticut area and looking for a job somewhere between Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. My plan is to work for a few years, save up money and establish myself, then definitely head back to school to receive a dual MBA and JD degree.

HC: When you do have free time, what is your favorite way to relax?

JP: When I get to relax, I usually enjoy spending time with my close friends and family or watching my favorite shows on Netflix. I enjoy reading even though I don’t get to do it for fun as often as I wish I could. I also really like going for a run when I want to relax and kind of get away from any stress!

Jacquelyn (Jaci) is a Senior at Seton Hall University with a major in Communication Studies and hopes to go into advertising. A majority of Jaci's free time is spent with her sorority Alpha Delta Chi, of which she is Vice President. Any other free time she has is usually spent crafting, reading cheesy romance novels, and spending quality time with her family, friends, boyfriend and cat...mostly her cat.