This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Gabby Signorelli

Year: Senior

Major: Marketing and Informational Technology

Hometown: Massapequa, NY

Seton Hall’s top female diver, Gabby Signorelli is giving us the inside scoop on being a Pirate Athlete, and reflecting on her experience as she starts her final semester here at the Hall.

Her Campus (HC): How do you feel starting your last semester here at Seton Hall?

Gabby Signorelli (GS): I am extremely indecisive about my true feelings for starting my last semester.  I am excited for Big East and graduation but also feeling sad that this amazing time of my life is coming to an end.

HC: What are you planning to do when you graduate?

GS:  After I graduate I plan to get a job in order to start my career, but to also start training for Triathlons, which has been a goal of mine for many years.

HC: What will you miss most about being a student athlete?

GS: I will miss being a part of an amazing team. On and off the pool deck my teammates have always been there for me and given me the support I need in order to do well. They make working hard fun and rewarding.

HC: The Swimming & Diving Big East Championships are coming up soon, how are you feeling about competing?

GS: Big East is coming up soon and I could not be more excited, it’s my favorite meet of the entire year. The positive energy that comes with it makes swimming/diving even more fun and enjoyable.

HC: Would you say there is more pressure on you to do well since you’ve won Big East the last two years?

GS: I feel that there is no pressure, I’m just eager and impatient to get there and compete in front of friends, family and fans.

HC: How do you psych yourself up for big competitions like Big East?

GS: I am the most psyched when I see my other teammates, swimmers and divers, compete well! Their excitement is contagious.

HC: What is your favorite dive and why?

GS: My favorite dive is 203C or back one and a half tuck. I find this dive to be fun and easy to do over and over again. I love practicing this dive. Perfecting it is my favorite thing to do.

Wishing all of our winter athletes good luck at Big East this year! 

Lindsay is a sophomore, Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design and Advertising at Seton Hall. She is originally from Georgia and decided to move up to the great white north for college. She is a student athlete on the Swim & Dive team. She is also a member of the Seton Hall Honors Program, Alpha Phi Omega and Seton Hall's chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). Lindsay is a music and concert addict and loves to write about her music interests. Some of her favorite and most famous music interatctions include Before You Exit, Parachute, and Hot Chelle Rae. Whenever she's not doing work, Lindsay loves to read, watch movies on Netflix, sleep (like any other college student) and jam out to her favorite playlists.  Follow her on social media Twitter: @L_McGowan Instagram: @l_mcgowan614