This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Rushing a sorority and receiving a bid from your top choice can be what every girl hopes for during her rush weekend. Once this all happens, your social calendar will fill up faster than you can say Geronimo!! This all starts with a six-week dry period. During this period, we have new member meetings learning about the sorority, meet all the sisters in the chapter, and go on lunch dates with possible future Bigs. It’s something to look forward to at the end of the day. It could feel a little overwhelming at first since you always have something going on, but it’s comforting knowing all the new members feel the same way. The sisters also make it very clear that every new member is offered a bid for a reason and we wouldn’t be here if we weren’t wanted.

The most exciting part during the initiation process has to be getting your Big! New members and potential Bigs have an equal say in who we want our Bigs to be. Although this process can be stressful because several potential Bigs may want the same little, everything always works out. The night of the Big/Little Reveal was full of love and it’s exciting to see who gets matched with who. Receiving gifts and surprises from your Big just makes ya feel so damn loved! Having a Big is like having your first best friend in your sorority. As I continue to pledge during the six week process, my excitement only increases to be officially apart of my sorority. I’ve already made so many friends and met so many people. I’m happy I decided to make the choice to be a part of a sorority. I never thought I’d see myself in a sorority because of all the common misconceptions about Greek life. Turns out I met some of the coolest chicks in my sorority that let me be myself and push me to be a better person.

Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.