9 Tips to Surviving and Thriving this Fall According to Taylor, Gwen, Demi and More!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

1.     Stay sweet

Thanks to our Zing Zero Sweetener & Coupons, we are staying sweet this fall but giving back to our bodies by consuming only real ingredients and no artificial anything! Order something unsweetened from Dunkin on your way to class (get there more than 15 minutes before you have class because we KNOW that line can get crazy) and use Zing to make your beverage as sweet as you!  We’re pretty sure Katy Perry can relate!

2.     Express yourself for a good cause

With our latest stickers from My Social Canvas, we can learn more about different causes to create designs that can shed light on important issues through our expressive fashion.  Unlike every other Seton Hall t-shirt, these designs include empowering messages to inform others while we hang out on the green.  We are #gettingbacktogiveback to educate ourselves and our Seton Hall community. Making a statement is totally Beyoncé approved.

3.     Get crafty

There is absolutely no need to buy a $20 dorm decoration from Pottery Barn to only have it be taken down because it violates the fire code.  We’re using our Martha Stewart Glitter Glue and Paint to customize our dorm to our liking and making sure that it will be RA-approved (sort of).  Also we’re totally obsessing over our latest addition, the Her Campus pennant that hangs perfectly over our beds.  Lady Gaga got really crafty with her meat dress, but we know that she would have loved to have added glitter glue to the dress to make it sparkle!

4.     Spread the girl power

Stickers are so much fun and are the coolest ever, but helping others is even better!  We learned about She’s the First, an organization dedicated to helping girls in low-income countries while providing scholarships to them.  It helps other girls with the most potential become leaders, and tell us what is cooler than that?! We’re taking notes from Angelina Jolie who continues to inspire girls and consistently gives back!

5.     Challenge yourself

No Ceilings provided us with a calendar that can help us get back to give back from ways from being a mentor to supporting female causes.  The Clinton Foundation encourages the participation from women and girls in society and we cannot wait to accomplish this 30 day challenge! Taylor Swift empowers us and continues to break the glass ceiling with her girlfriends. 

6.     Treat yourself (and a friend too!)

With our latest BOGO Chipotle cards, we can de-stress from midterms and enjoy a burrito for ourselves.  Also bring your friend who’s been staying with you until 2 am in the Lib. She could totally use some guac (yes we know it’s extra). Blair and Serena would totally treat each other to yummy burritos, especially for lunch on the steps at the Met!

7.     Celebrate your beauty

With our new 24-hour waterproof eye shadow and eye primer from NYC New York Color, we cannot wait to keep our on-the-go looks fresh all day.  And to match our perfectly primed and shadowed eyes, we’re using the latest and greatest from TRESemmé.  We suggest using their Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray & Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam to give us those perfectly unperfect beach waves to keep us still living in summertime mode (maybe it’s just because the dorms finally turned on the heat? Okay note to self: not at a beach, just in a dorm).  And what better beauty inspiration is there than Gwen?!

8.     Take some much needed “me time” when necessary

Everyone says to “curl up with a good book,” but we doubt that they’re talking about all of those textbooks in Club Walsh. We got the scoop on two good reads and they’re called We Were Liars and Every Day from Penguin Random House.  Take a tip from Demi and hang by the pool with your books!  So relaxing. 

9.     Stay fabulous

No matter what this semester brings, stay fabulous.  It will keep you happy and focused (and probably will have you strutting your stuff like a Victoria’s Secret angel and feeling on top of the world).  Our key to staying fabulous?  This MZ Wallace tote that keeps all of our books in a cute nylon tote that is durable with a crossbody function.  It also is too cute to just keep us organized, so that’s why we’re rocking ours all day every day while we’re out and about!  We want you to feel the opposite of “ew” (sorry, Jimmy)!

We’re half way through the semester and there are no better feelings to keep you motivated than helping others, hanging with friends and being fabulous! HCxo!

Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.