2016 Emmy Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

2016 Emmy’s Recap

The 68th annual Emmy’s, which aired Sunday September 18th, were a fantastic night honoring television. The evening’s host, Jimmy Kimmel served up some great sketches, and even served up some of his mother’s own PB&Js. (Insert Picture of Jimmy Kimmel with Emmy)

Did you miss the awards? Here’s some of the night’s big winners:

Drama Series: Game of Thrones – I mean who doesn’t love a little Jon Snow? (plus GIF)

Comedy Series: Veep

Mini-Series or Movie: The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story – One of the big winners of the night, racking up 8 awards! (plus GIF)

TV Movie: Sherlock: The Abominable Bride (Masterpiece)

Actress in a Comedy Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep – not to mention this is her FIFTH Emmy win for this role #girlBOSS (plus GIF)

Actor in a Comedy Series: Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent

Actor in a Drama Series: Rami Malek, Mr. Robot (USA) – Currently OBSESSED with this show! Also, look at this adorable reaction to his win. (plus GIF)

Actress in a Drama Series: Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black

Actor in a Mini-Series or Movie: Courtney B. Vance, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie: Sarah Paulson, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Supporting Actor in a Drama: Ben Mendelsohn, Bloodline

Supporting Actress in a Drama: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey – This is the third win for Maggie Smith as Violet Crawley (plus GIF)

Supporting Actor in a Comedy: Louie Anderson, Baskets

Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live – No words needed… (plus GIF)

Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Sterling K. Brown, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Supporting Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie: Regina King, American Crime

A complete list of winners can be found here: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/arts/television/emmy-winners-2016.html (hyperlink into article if possible)

Well, it looks like we’ve got some Netflix and HBOGo to catch up on. Overall, it was a fantastic night for television and an excellent representation of the diverse programs and actors that grace the silver screen!

Want some of the night’s best fashion? Check it out on InStyle (hyperlink if we are allowed to include this) http://www.instyle.com/awards-events/red-carpet/emmys/top-10-best-dressed-women-2016-emmys#1483057

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out" - Dr. Seuss