This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

COHO, formerly known as The Coho Mountain String Ticklers, is an alternative-folk band made up of six Seattle University musicians. Shane and Bradley Haworth (twin brothers), Laura Germano, Zachary Myers, Dan Giroux and Christopher Schaberg share a love for writing, creating and performing music.

COHO met and was born at Seattle University in 2011, and it has since gained a loyal fan base, especially within the Seattle University community. The band has performed on the Seattle University radio station, as well as local venues in Capitol Hill.

Although the band got together just three years ago, the members’ onstage chemistry feels familiar. Good friends making good music … we like it! On the band’s Facebook page, COHO identifies as “…a collective of six far-flung multi-instrumentalists focused simply on creating the most emotionally expressive music possible.”

“The reason we all play is for the mere enjoyment of playing live music, and we have so much fun doing it,” says Bradley, the band’s keyboardist and vocalist. “We hope that’s how we come across to our fans as well.” On track to success, COHO is the epitome of what makes a Seattle University campus celebrity.

COHO recently participated in Seattle University’s Battle of the Bands, where they won the right to play this May at Quadstock. Quadstock is a Seattle University annual music festival and extravaganza, and it will be sure to help further popularize the band on campus.  

We love COHO’s passion, music, and energy. In short, Seattle University just wouldn’t be the same without COHO.

Upcoming shows

• April 11
  • The Alternative Library
  • Bellingham, WA
  • April 14
  • Sunset Tavern
  • Seattle, WA

Check out COHO’s music at http://cohomountainstringticklers.bandcamp.com/

Like COHO on Facebook

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.