WCW: Emily Osment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Emily Osment rose to fame after starring in the Spy Kids movies and her beloved role as the best friend on Hannah Montana. Now, she’s making millions of people laugh in her sitcom, Young and Hungry! Osment stars as Gabbi Diamond, a bubbly and outgoing chef who accidently slept with her boss, Josh Kaminski. The series follows Gabbi as she allows her wild ideas get her, Josh, and their friends into some crazy adventures.

Here are five reasons why Emily Osment is our WCW:

1. She still keeps in touch with her old co-stars! For Hannah Montana’s 10 year anniversary, Osment, Mitchell Musso, and Jason Earles all posted pictures from their time together on HM. Awww!

Cue Hannah/Miley’s “True Friend” song because that’s what Emily is all about and why we fell in love with Lily in the first place.

2. Osment is all about being philanthropic. Does anyone remember Disney’s Friends For Change?

3. She even starred in Cyberbulling to raise awareness about the impact of teenagers being cyberbullied.

4. Unlike her Hannah Montana character, Osment can sing. Here’s a song she did with her HM co-star, Musso. #tbt

5. Her nickname during Disney Channel’s Games was”The Eliminator.” We all wanted to be her.

Kim Tran

Seattle U

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.