Top 9 Movies to See This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Spring quarter is filled with sunny days and lots of time with friends, but once the sun goes down it may be nice to cool off in a relaxing movie theater. Coming up in the next few months is a great line up of movies! There seems to be something for everyone superhero movies, science fiction, action, romance, comedy, and even a musical. Here is a list of the top nine movies to see whenever you need a study break, or just something fun to do while we start our countdown to summer.

1.     X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23rd) is the sequel to X-Men First Class, and conclusion to the original trilogy. In the movie the X-Men send Wolverine back in time to unite their younger selves, and change history to prevent the destruction of mutants and humans alike.

2.     Amazing Spider-Man 2 (May 2nd) is the much-anticipated sequel to the first Amazing Spider-man movie. This movie will delve deeper into the disappearance of Peter’s parents, rumor has it we’ll finally find out what becomes of Uncle Ben’s killer, and more will be revealed about the mysterious Oscorp.

3.     The Edge of Tomorrow (June 6th) is Doug Linman’s newest film starring Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise. This movie takes place in the near future, when the human race is at war with attacking aliens. It follows Bill Cage as he finds himself in a time loop, reliving his last days on the battlefield and becoming more skilled every time he returns.

4.     The Fault in Our Stars (June 6th) is based on the best-selling novel by John Green telling the story of Hazel, a sixteen year old girl living with thyroid cancer, and Gus now cancer free after recovering from bone cancer. After meeting in a cancer support group they soon develop a deep bond and love for one another that will be tested by the greatest obstacle of all.

5.     Godzilla (May 16th) is a remake of the original Japanese film series Gojira, retelling the origins of the terrifying monster coming the depths of the Pacific Ocean while still staying true to film style of the original franchise.

6.     Jersey Boys (June 20th) based on the acclaimed Broadway musical following the story of four young men growing up on the wrong side of the track in Jersey, who will later form the amazing iconic musical group of the 1960’s, The Four Tops.

7.     Neighbors (May 9th) A couple with a newborn baby move in to a new home, and soon learns they have a fraternity as their unexpected new neighbors. Soon enough there is conflict between the two, and a war ensues. Starring Zac Effron, Seth Rogan, Rose Bryne, and Dave Franco, this is anticipated to be the next hilarious comedy to see.

8.     22 Jump St (June 13th) is the sequel to 21 Jump St staring Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, and Ice Cube. This time around the dynamic duo go undercover in college to take down a crime ring in one of the fraternities. 

Hey all, Just a quick little blurb about myself i'm a Sophomore Film Studies and Communication Studies double major. So I obviously love movies and tv, and will hopefully be getting to write a lot about both of those topics as well as my other interests. I'm from San Diego, CA, yes I love the sun but I love rain more up here! And i'm excited to get to be apart of Her Campus! Thanks for reading, enjoy!-Alyssa