Top 10 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

1) Don’t Trust the B**** in Apartment 23

Chloe (played by Kristen Ritter) is everyone’s roommate nightmare come to life, she is a very sassy jaded 20-something New York native. You won’t want to stop watching what she gets her sweet wholesome roommate/friend June to do. Not to mention our childhood crush from Dawson’s Creek, James Vanderbeek, plays himself on this witty comedy.  

2) Breaking Bad

Ever wonder what it would be like if your high school science teacher started making meth? Walter White goes from geeky push over to scary drug lord over the course of five seasons.  You’ll be up all night watching every twist and turn that him and Jesse endure to survive and make some much-needed cash. 

3) New Girl

Jessica Day can only be described as one word, Adorkable! Watch and get ready to laugh as the sweet quirky Jess gets into all sorts of shenanigans with her roommates and friends. Their obscure behavior will have you laughing out loud, even if you’re alone. This show will make you want to move in with a trio of dysfunctional but lovable goof balls.  

4) Gossip Girl

This show has it all sex, lies, drama, love, frenemies, revenge, and the social hierarchy of Manhattan’s elite. There is never a dull moment for Serena van der Woodsen and her group of rich and beautiful friends on the Upper Eastside. If your guilty pleasure is cheesy romance and dramatic storylines, this is the perfect show for you. Watch and love every minute on Netflix,.

XOXO. -Gossip Girl

5) Dexter

This is a very believable look into the mind of a serial killer, going after criminals who have slipped through the cracks (ironic). If you like gruesome crime shows with a little edge this is definitely worth watching and cringing at.

6) Orange is the New Black

There are plenty of shows and movies that look at the criminals in a male prison. This show is focused in a female prison, and shows women can be just as devious, murderous, and fear inducing as any other man. Speed through the first season of this dramedy, to see how these characters based off real women survive day to day locked up. Finish up the first season in time to catch season two June 6th.  

7) Bob’s Burgers

The Belcher family isn’t exactly like your every day working class American family. They are definitely off their marbles, changing every day occurrences into off the walls craziness. This family will have you laughing and wanting more.  

8) Freaks and Geeks

High school can be tough, especially when you’re a teenage girl in 1970’s suburbia and everyone thinks you’re a “freak”. Check out the outsiders of McKinley High, the Freaks and the Geeks, to see how they deal with high school and all the troubles that come with it.

9) 30 Rock

This satire on the writers, actors, and executives behind a major television network, has some of our generations best comedians, who give to you an amazing hilarious show. This thirty minute comedy is loosely based off Tina Fey’s time as a Saturday Night Live as a writer.

10) Mad Men

Men in properly pressed suits and women with gorgeous curves and big hair, participating day drinking, multiple affairs, and advertising this show has all the class and drama you could ever want. Mad Men will have you hooked and wanting to time travel back to the 1960’s to find yourself a Don Draper.  

We could go on forever about all the great TV shows on Netflix! To name a few more: Grey’s Anatomy, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, How I Met Your Mother. 

Hey all, Just a quick little blurb about myself i'm a Sophomore Film Studies and Communication Studies double major. So I obviously love movies and tv, and will hopefully be getting to write a lot about both of those topics as well as my other interests. I'm from San Diego, CA, yes I love the sun but I love rain more up here! And i'm excited to get to be apart of Her Campus! Thanks for reading, enjoy!-Alyssa