Short Hair, Show You Care!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

News Flash! Short hair is in! Your long hair may have kept you warm in the cold months of winter but now, the sun is coming out and it’s time for a cute, new, (short) style. Take the season change as an opportunity to revamp your look, liberate yourself from a tedious morning hair routine and create positive change for someone else! Let your gorgeous face and striking features be known with a bob or a pixie cut. Taylor Swift recently did and we are loving it:

Opting for a shorter cut can:

1.     Accentuate your fabulous features i.e. jawline and cheekbones.

2.     Make showering easier and drying faster!

3.     Save you money on shampoo and conditioner.

4.     Show off cute collars and statement earrings (otherwise hidden in long hair).

5.     Keep your neck cool in the warm months ahead while still looking stylish.

And while you’re changing it up, spread the love. Donating your luscious locks is a wonderful and easy way to make the world a better place. Shailene Woodley cut her hair for an upcoming role in The Fault in Our Stars and donated all she cut off to Children With Hair Loss. When Ms. Woodley instagrammed her cut, she used the hashtag #itgrowsback and she’s totally right! We are lucky to have hair that grows back and the luxury to play with different lengths and styles. But nothing is more beautiful than sharing with and supporting others so go for short hair, and show you care! 

Here are some celebrity styles to give you inspiration:  

1) Jennifer Lawrence 

2) Julianne Hough 

3) Anne Hathaway 

4) Michelle Williams 

Maddie is a junior at Seattle U, studying psychology and biology. She is an ever-growing social justice warrior, cat-lover, thrift shopper, avid hiker, and amateur cook.