This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Fall is one of the most unique and exciting times of year. From the beautiful colors, to the unique smells and tastes, who wouldn’t want to embrace the season with a special someone? There are a lot of fun fall date ideas, but these are just a few that I found especially intriguing.

Go Apple Picking

Looking for a fun outside activity to enjoy together this fall? Try apple picking! Apple’s are typically ready to be picked around September and last for a few months after, so start picking while you have a chance! This is also a budget-friendly date, as the average price is around $2.50 per pound; many orchards will also allow you to take a stroll through their property free of charge! Look online to find what orchards near you are currently open, and even if apples aren’t in season, there are plenty of fruits and vegetables that become available, depending on the season.

Visit a Museum

Museum dates can be incredibly cute, and a great time for reflection, not to mention an affordable option. Most colleges offer discounted or even free ticket options for students, so look into it and take advantage of what your school has to offer. One of the best things about this date idea is that there are so many different types of museums, history museums, art museums, even literature museums to name a few. Have fun taking turns picking out different museums, this is a great opportunity to learn about each other’s interests. Here is a link for some great museums right here in Seattle: https://www.visitseattle.org/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-seattles-best-museums/

Go Bowling

I once went bowling on a date, after hours of waiting for the alley to open, we finally got the ball rolling. Bowling is a tried and true date idea, and can be especially nice for first dates or for couples who want to spend some time in a more public atmosphere. Many bowling alleys have special discount ticket nights and even glow in the dark bowling opportunities! Call the alleys near you to find out more information, your night is sure to be a strike!

Make Dinner Together

Whether you are new to the dating scene, have been together for years, or even just want a relaxing night with friends, you cannot go wrong with staying in and cooking dinner together. It can often be less expensive than eating out, and working on something together (like trying to cook some pasta) can bring you both closer together. Bonding occurs most in shared problem solving, and worst case, you end up with a fun story and a delicious meal!

Dress Up and Go Wine Tasting

Fall is a time when wine companies release many of their seasonal flavors, in turn hosting many wine tasting events to promote their products. You can both dress up, grab flowers, or maybe even color coordinate; whatever you feel will make the night a special one for everyone involved! Share some laughs and a Pinot Noir–just make sure you don’t drive afterwards.

Go to a Farmer’s Market

The nice thing about farmers markets? They’re everywhere. No matter where you are, I guarantee you will be able to find a nearby farmers market. Spend a morning sipping hot cider and browsing through all the different stands seeing what each has to offer. Check out the fresh flowers and produce, served with a fair price and a smile. It’s nice to get outside during the colder months, and once you have finished at the market, race home for a show-and-tell of all your finds!

Play Board Games

Reminisce and go back to a simpler time–have a night dedicated to board games! For an even more nostalgic experience, put away all electronics for the duration of your playing. Bring on some friendly competition, challenge yourself, and see where the evening takes you!

From bowling to baking, there is an endless amount of ideas to pick from. Remember, you don’t have to just do these with a significant other–all of these can be done with close friends! No matter which you choose, you’re guaranteed to have a good time. As my mom always says: “It’s who you’re with, not where you’re at!”