Renehta Tibet Wilcox

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Renehta Tibet Wilcox

Major: Political Science with a Specialization in Legal Studies

Graduation Year: 2016

Hometown: Tonasket Washington and Stalwart, Saskatchewan, Canada

Birthday/Zodiac: Saggitarius, but I missed Scorpio by a day, so I’m on the cusp.

Campus Involvement: I’m in the Seattle University debate Union, I also did Toastmasters last year and Culinary society, but I couldn’t keep doing it this year. Outside of class I like to hang out with my friends on campus and study!

Instagram and snapchat: @Renehta

If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

Teleportation. Commuting is the one and only thing I can’t stand about living in Seattle.

Who is your celebrity crush and why?

Benedict Cumberbatch. He has a cute Cumberbum.

Finish this sentence: I don’t trust people who…

Take big bites out of string cheese instead of pulling off strings of it. We’re not animals, we live in a society.

What do you think your patronus would be?

A moose, I am Canadian through and through.

What would the title of your autobiography be and why?

Why Am I The Only One Laughing? The Misguided Life of Ren Wilcox”

What movie/TV/book character do you most strongly identify with and why?

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, because she’s a strong woman trying to make her way in the world while still just being a person.

What 3 things would you bring with you to a deserted island?

1. A boat

2. A satellite phone

3. At least a week’s worth of food

Boring answers, I know, but I’m practical.

What’s your favorite part about living in Seattle?

I love everything about Seattle! I grew up in two tiny little towns, and Seattle was always the city I dreamed of living in. I love being able to walk everywhere, the progressive culture, and all of the geek culture in Seattle. There are so many fun things to do and cool people here and I love this city more every day.

Who inspires you in life/who’s your role model?

Bernie Sanders for his honestly, integrity, and indomitable spirit; and my mom because I couldn’t do anything without her in my corner.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ideally I’d love to be a wizard, but since that seems unlikely, I’d like to be a lawyer. Although, secretly I want to be a writer.

Give us a fun fact about yourself:

I’m a scuba diver, I first started in Honduras when I was 12.

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.