Rebecca Tharp: Artist, Leader and Outdoor Enthusiast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Name: Rebecca Tharp

Hometown: Alameda, CA

Major: Marketing with a studio art minor

Favorite Off-Campus Place to Study: Volunteer park when it’s nice outside, otherwise I just stay in my room because there’s no distractions

HC: What’s has been your favorite costume from Halloween’s past?

RT: That’s tricky because I’ve had a record of notoriously insignificant Halloween costumes in the past…but I really loved being The Flash in high school because I got really into character so I ran everywhere that day. I did a lot of bobbing and weaving through people walking who were on their way to class.

HC: If someone were to make a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you and why?

RT: Probably Mila Kunis because we are both small and have big eyes. I’d like to think I’m nearly as likable as her though too.

HC: What kind of art do you make and where do you find inspiration?

RT: I don’t have a specific medium that I like to work with most, so it’s somewhat based on whatever materials I need in order to make what pops into my head. Honestly the inspiration is pretty random, a lot of times I pull ideas and techniques from Pinterest and try to utilize them to make something that I think is cooler. Otherwise I just try and be creative in making something out of what’s lying around in my house.

HC: In your 3 years in OAR, what’s the most important thing you’ve learned?

RT: The most important thing I’ve learned is probably that awkwardness is typically endearing so I should embrace it rather than acting like I’m collected all the time. That and don’t ever try and do self check-out with a group of 12 people making decisions.

Hannah Tyne is a sophmore at Seattle University. When she's not traveling the world, you can find her eating excessive amounts of Thai food, exploring her awesome city and hugging puppies. 
I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.