Met Gala 2014: Best Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Every year the Metropolitan Museum of Art throws the famous Costume Institute Gala to commemorate and celebrate an influential figure in the fashion industry. This year the met gala commemorated the British born designer Charles James, responsible for revolutionizing American fashion during the 20th century, and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.

On the red carpet we saw some of the most beautiful gowns as celebrities had a chance to show off their most glamorous evening wear. The biggest trends on the red carpet included black and white gowns, crop tops, metallic shimmer, and show stopping fuchsia. Here are a few of our best dressed:  

1. Blake Lively

She looked old-fashion Hollywood glam in this pastel glitter gown by Gucci. The best part of her outfit is her super hot husband: Ryan Reynolds.

2. Gisele Bündchen

Gisele looked flawless as usual in this beautiful Balenciaga gown.

3. Emma Stone

Emma rocked this cropped top and long matching pink skirt, with a gorgeous loose braid that many compared to Princess Elsa from frozen.

4. Reese Witherspoon

Continuing the pink trend, Reese wore this jaw dropping magenta gown by Oscar de la Renta.

5. Kendall Jenner

Kendall was absolutely on point with this gorgeous metallic hue gown from Top Shop

6. Sarah Jessica Parker

Sarah Jessica Parker was striking in black and white, wearing a beautiful Oscar de la Renta gown.

7.    Allison Williams 

The Girls actress looked very glamorous in this simple and elegant salmon-colored gown from Oscar de la Renta.

8. Hailee Steinfeld

Hailee looked simply stunning in this black and white in Prabal Gurung gown.

9. Rachel McAdams

Rachel, as always, kept it simple and elegant sticking with the pale rose gown from Calvin Klein

10. Beyonce

Lastly, Queen B showed up in this black and shimmery Givenchy gown with her husband Jay Z. He staged a second (fake) proposal when she dropped her ring on the red carpet.