This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Matt McGorry is known for his roles as the adorable prison guard in Orange is the New Black and the oblivious, annoying law student in How to Get Away with Murder. Perhaps you’ve favorited his many intersectional-feminist tweets or seen him in Amber Rose’s viral Walk of No Shame video. 

But you may not know that before his rise to advocacy and primetime stardom, McGorry played a role in the soap opera, One Life to Live, acted as a personal shopper in the CW’s Gossip Girl, and had a career as a competitive bodybuilder. His eclectic past and positive present make him the obvious choice for our Man Crush Monday!

In case that intro wasn’t enough, here are some more fun reasons why Matt McGorry is totally crush-worthy:

1. His tweets are on point:

2. He’s always finding ways to make us laugh:

3. He’s educating the masses in issues of social justice via social media:

4. He’s an excellent dancer:

Maddie is a junior at Seattle U, studying psychology and biology. She is an ever-growing social justice warrior, cat-lover, thrift shopper, avid hiker, and amateur cook.
I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.