This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

La’akea Marquez

Graduation Year: 2018

Major: Social Work

Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii

Campus Involvement: Jumpstart team member, Mary’s Place volunteer

Birthday/Zodiac: February 13/Aquarius

Who is your celebrity crush and why?

Who isn’t my celebrity crush? I think I will always have a thing for Mila Kunis. I’ve had dreams about her. She is such a baddie and her laugh gives me chills.

What’s the theme song of your life?

Cake Team by Fetty Wap or anything by T-Pain do yourself a favor and listen to him without auto-tune it’s magic

What do you think your parents are most proud of you for?

For graduating high school with a solid GPA and getting into college. I know my mom is extra proud that I don’t have any tattoos by now. (Sorry ma, the latter is going to change soon)

What’s your favorite part about living in Seattle?

I love the city and different places you can explore within a walking distance. Where I’m from on Oahu is pretty quiet and doesn’t have as much action as cap hill, so I like the change of pace.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A world-traveling, patriarchy-smashing, wine-drinking badass grandma who has friends in every continent.

Aspiring journalist. New Haven, CT / Seattle, WA 
I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.