wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

James VS Dave: The Franco Battle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Franco vs Franco, the ultimate showdown! If you’re a fan of the Franco brothers, this article will complete your life, as it has completed ours. In the first ring, we have Dave. In the second, James. No matter which side you take, there’s no mistaking that these two are powerful people. 

Dave Franco

1.    He has a flawless sense of humor. 

2.    I mean, have you ever seen him shirtless?

3.    He and Zac Efron already beat James Franco and his eternal sidekick, Seth Rogen, for “Best Duo” at the MTV Movie Awards. His De Niro impression is on point.

4.    He’s comfortable with background roles where he’s able to support as well as he shines. 

5.    Similarly, he’s comfortable with laying low and staying out of the limelight… Unlike his brother. Who’s ever heard any drama on his relationship with equally famous actress Alison Brie? I know I haven’t! 

6.    He has a consistently awesome sense of style. 

7.    He has two pet cats. 

8.    He has a long reputation for being a supportive brother. 

James Franco

1.    Did you see Freaks and Geeks? If you haven’t seen teenage James Franco kill it in this too-early cancelled show, reconsider your priorities. It’s on Netflix. Go. Now.

2.    The James Franco Roast was one of the funniest I’ve watched (even better than the Beiber one). He allowed a group of his friends criticize his successes and his grandma was there. Be prepared to laugh your pants off. You can see the full thing here.

3.    His education background is extensive.  A smart guy is a hot guy. According to Wikipedia, “He moved to New York to simultaneously attend graduate school at Columbia University’s MFA writing program, New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for filmmaking, and Brooklyn College for fiction writing, while also attending the low-residency MFA Program for Writers at North Carolina’s Warren Wilson College for poetry. He received his MFA from Columbia in 2010. Franco is a PhD student in English at Yale Universityand also attended theRhode Island School of Design.”

4.    Franco wrote Palo Alto, a book about California teenagers “as they experient with vies of all kinds, struggle with their families and one another, and succumb to self-destructive, often heartless nihilism” [Palo Alto back cover]. If you are a fan of this writing style, please read the book. In my opinion, it feels a lot like Skins

5.    Seth Rogan bromance – there is no beating this duo. The MTV Movie Awards have nothing on this video.

6.    HE DOES EVERYTHING! He’s a painter, director, poet, writer, actor, charity worker and so much more. I’m having a hard time picking my favorite James Franco achievements.

7.    Here is a list of my favorite James Franco movies: Pineapple Express, 127 Hours, Spider-Man (2), Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Spring Breakers (even though everyone else hates it), and This is the End. 

8.    His article on selfie culture/Instagram. It’s a good read. 

9.    Gucci Ad – Enough Said. 

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.
Just another college student trying to have it all, including style and comfort; follow my personal struggles with fashion, finances, and the future at www.thehannahgold.com