Izzy Gardon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Name: Izzy Gardon

Year: Class of 2016

Major: Political Science with a minor in Strategic Communications

Hometown: Sacramento, CA

Birthday/Zodiac sign: April, 12, 1994  (I’m 21, ladies ;))/Aries

Campus Involvement: I’m your average overly-involved Seattle University student. I’m the External Chief of Staff for student government –– this is a fancy title for a job the pretty much involves designing posters, updating SGSU’s website, managing our social media platforms, and writing the occasional press release. I also work for the Office of Alumni Engagment as a Marketing and Communications Assistant. I have similar duties as my other job: web work, crafting emails, designing graphics, and much more. Finally, I’m a second year Resident Assistant in the Murphy Apartments. I love a good life. Always running to the next, thing, though.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I’d be invisible and sneaky. Hehe. The things I would find out about people…

Who is your celebrity crush? Zac Efron. So fine. Duh.

What’s a favorite childhood story about yourself? I once ran into a ski rack, thinking I could grab onto it. I was 5 or 6. I hit the ski rack. I got a scar. I still have it #battlewounds.

What would the title of your autobiography be? Izzy Gardon: That Guy That You Always Saw on His Phone But Whenever You Texted Him He Wouldn’t Reply For At Least A Few Hours.

What 3 things would you bring with you to a deserted island? My iPhone, a cell phone data connection, and a solar charger.

What’s the theme song to your life? “Crank Dat” by Soulja Boy.

If you were forced to get a full-back tattoo, what would it be of? It would be a giant 4 Loko, any flavor but yellow… Just to have a constant reminder of my bad taste.

Who inspires you in life? My mom inspires me a lot. She’s so genuine, sweet, kind, funny, and SO intelligent. I really like having boy parts, but other than that I wish I could be her. She. Is. Great.

What is a legacy you hope to leave behind? If you couldn’t tell by my curly hair, pale skin, and sense of humor, I’m Jewish. As a Jew, I have a deep belief in tikkun olam –– in repairing the world.  Like most Jews, I believe that God/the Bing Bang created us to complete a task: to help repair the fractions of the world and create a place of greater freedom, equality, and love. For all people. I hope to be a part of that plan –– a plan of justice.

Just another college student trying to have it all, including style and comfort; follow my personal struggles with fashion, finances, and the future at www.thehannahgold.com