How-To: Surviving Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Black Friday is just around the corner. We’ve rounded up some tips to help you survive the shopping maddness: 

Nap

After a long day of eating and dealing with all of the questions about your life from the family, you’re going to be exhausted. Take a solid nap after dinner and drink some coffee so that you’re well rested and ready to go before heading off on your Black Friday excursion!

Have a game plan

Nothing is worse than heading into the huge sea of people with absolutely no idea where to go. Have a list of stores that you want to visit ready, and maybe even a list of items that you’ve been wanting to look for. You’ll look like an expert when you already know where to go next instead of wasting your time debating on it.

Bring friends along

Shopping is always more fun with friends! You’ll need each other for the moral support as Black Friday slowly starts to drive you insane throughout the night. You can even take turns saving spots for each other in those long lines at the register!

Pack lightly

You need your hands to be free the whole night so that you can carry all your shopping bags – opt for a small cross-body purse to carry your essentials, and don’t wear too many layers because it gets really hot when you’re surrounded by so many people!

Have fun!

It may be late and crowds may not be your favorite thing, but the Black Friday experience is something that everyone should try at least once. Have fun shopping for Christmas presents for your loved ones, buy yourself something pretty, and enjoy!

Kathleen Erin

Seattle U '17

-
I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.