Holiday Dates in Seattle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Oh winter love is in the air! The sight of cute couples holding hands around campus has grown more with the current of cold air that froze the SU fountain. It has gotten us inspired to find the best cold weather dates around Seattle. We live in a city with endless possibilities of a romantic cold weather dates. Here are just a couple to get you on your way to making some amazing Holiday memories:

1. Go ice-skating at the Winter Fest Ice rink in the Seattle Center starting Nov. 28 to January 4.

2. If you have a car, take the 30-minute drive and go to the mountain. No need to know how to ski or snow board, just enjoy the snowy mountain and maybe start a snowball  fight! If you have a little more time travel the 2 and half hours east to Leavenworth, the Bavarian Village. 

3.  Skip the rain and head to a museum. A lot of museums are free the first Thursday of every month.

4. Go by the Seattle Center and watch famous ice-sculpting artist carve out masterpieces every Saturday starting November 29.

5.  Go on the cheesy ride the duck holiday lights tour! They have holiday departures starting Nov. 30 at Westlake Center.

6.  Take a blanket and hot cocoa to Kerry Park and huddle closely with the Seattle skyline as the backdrop.

7.  Hit up the Woodland Park Zoo for Zoo lights, it will give you the perfect excuse to be outside and enjoy the famous holiday decorations.

8.  Get on the carousel at Westlake and relive your childhood with your significant other.

9.  Hit up one of the many coffee shops around and enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate away from the chilly air outside.

10.  If you are feeling adventurous, sign up for the Jingle Bell run on December 14.

11.  Get tickets for one of the many holiday shows happening this winter. Examples include: A Christmas carol, how the Grinch stole Christmas, Ham for the holidays and many more.

12.  Go see the performance of the Nutcracker at the Pacific Northwest Ballet shows starting Nov. 28.

13.  Check out the amazing annual gingerbread house display at the Sheraton Hotel downtown on 6th and Pike.