This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Lately, the online lesbian community has been raving about the new Her app. Because queer dating can be daunting in a heterosexually-driven world, Her was created by queer women to connect queer women. 

On this app, girls can match with each other, just like on Tinder. This feature is even better because you can stay and scroll back to profiles. If you need some time to decide if you think she’s your type, go ahead and sleep on it.

While creating your profile, you can upload photos and text! If you want to tell the girls of Her that you like tacos, go ahead and say it! It gets boring to relay the same information to everyone you message, so just get the basic information out! You like long walks on the beach, cats, and Chipotle. Here is a little sneak peak at my profile as an example of what to look forward to: 

Also, the app has a section for a LGBTQ news feed. You can check out local events, create discussion, share links, and connect with women all over the world. 

This app is really effective for messaging and meeting other girls in my area. There are a few drawbacks, like the glitching and how unpopular it is compared to Tinder. Sometimes I scroll through and see the same handful of people I’ve already viewed. But because it doesn’t allow for straight men to infiltrate the community, it eliminates many of the online dating problems that queer women face.

If you are a queer girl in the Seattle area, definitley download this app to open your dating pool!

The Gay women Channel created a video using the app to give queer ladies a snapshot of what to look forward to in a totally hilarious way.

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.