Happy National Love Your Pet Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Finally, a day that provides me with another excuse to express how much I’m obsessed with my dogs. That’s right, February 20th is National Love Your Pet day! Whether it’s your pet from back at home or your loyal, furry companion that’s here in Seattle with you, everyone needs a day to be able to ramble on and on about their pets without interruptions.

“Wanna see this picture of my dog? No? Well I’m going to show it to you anyways!” said all dog parents, ever.

Luxe (Hannah G.)

In honor of National Love Your Pet day, here are some fun facts about why pets are the best thing ever:

Pets improve your mood. Feeling sad? Angry? Anxious? Well, stop now and look at this cute picture of a cat. Now you’re happy. You’re welcome.

Neville (Skyler W.)

Pets make you healthier. Apparently pets can lower your blood pressure more than medication. So basically, own a pet and you’ll live long. Pet a dog a day and keep the doctor away! Additionally, owning a dog will force you to exercise. Who needs the gym when you can run with your bff? 

Charles (Skyler W.)

You won’t be lonely with a furry friend! Nobody likes to be lonely. Isn’t great to walk into your home to a pup wagging his tail or a kitty purring at your ankles? 

Friendly pug outside of Bartell’s (Skyler W.)

SNUGGLES! Not only do pets snuggle (except for your aunt’s angry cat), but they are much fuzzier than humans so it’s like a blanket and a snuggle buddy all in one!

Neville and Skyler (Skyler W.)

They’re really sensitive to feelings. From personal experience and talking to friends about their pets, it’s true that pets always seem to just know when you’re having a bad day. They know just what to do–whether it means sitting on your lap or throwing a toy at you. What’s not to love?

(Erin M.)

I hope that everyone finds a super fantastic way to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day. Tell your pet you love them (even if you already do that five times a day). Maybe even throw in an extra bit of kibble? 

Seattle University student, lover of Harry Potter and Star Wars, writer, dreamer, adventurer.
I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.