david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Costumes for You and Your Pet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Who doesn’t love seeing a cute animal in a hilarious costume? With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to start looking for the perfect corresponding outfits for you and your furry best friend. Just make sure to take pictures to share on the Internet.

A Harry Potter character and Dobby the house elf

Does your animal like socks and making you happy? Then Dobby might just be the perfect costume for them. Plus, you’ll get to indulge your own fantasy of being a wizard for the night. 

Your favorite set of superheroes

Whether your pet is the perfect sidekick or a loveable enemy, going super is a classic choice for Halloween.

Han Solo and Chewbacca

This is especially relevant, considering the Star Wars reboot. If your human gang loves your dog as much as you do, get everyone together for a Millennium Falcon squad costume. Bonus points if you and Leia are actually dating or if Leia and Luke are actually related.

A Pokémon trainer and your favorite Pokémon

This is a good choice if you have a non-traditional pet (i.e. not a dog or cat). If you can’t find a costume for your favorite Pokémon, just tell everyone that there’s a new-gen Pokémon that happens to look exactly like your pet. With more than 700 of them, you have a pretty decent chance of being right.

Cruella de Vil and 100 (or 1) dalmations

If you’re looking for a twist on this classic costume, dress yourself up as a dalmation and let your pet be Cruella. Animals in wigs are so cute!

Your favorite band

Yet another instance of animals in wigs being cute as hell. This is easiest if your favorite band happens to dress in a distinguishing manner. Otherwise, you’ll just look like someone with a guitar and a dog… Which I guess could be a costume in itself.

Peter Pan and Tinkerbell

Another adorable children’s classic. Plus, you can mix-and-match these costumes; if you fancy yourself a fairy, let your dog rock the feather hat. If you feel like defeating some pirates, give your dog a pair of fairy wings.

With all the adorable animal costumes on the market (and the endless DIY options), you and your pet can rock pretty much any corresponding costume this Halloween.

Just another college student trying to have it all, including style and comfort; follow my personal struggles with fashion, finances, and the future at www.thehannahgold.com