Feel it all Watching “The Fault in Our Stars”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Calling all John Green fans or anyone who enjoys a good romantic drama: The Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS) movie is coming out next week on Friday, June 6th. We hope you are just as excited as we are!

TFIOS is based on John Green’s original novel, which was published in 2012. The book sold over 150,000 copies within the first month it was released. The book was so popular, 20th Century Fox decided to make a film adaptation of this story. For anyone who was a fan of the novel, you will be happy to know that John Green was very active in the creation of the movie.

The movie’s website describes the movie as:

“Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel’s other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.”

This film stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff, and many other talented faces. Get ready to laugh, cry, and just feel everything all at the same time. Of course, this would not be complete without ending this article with the acclaimed TFIOS quote: “Okay? Okay.”

To learn more about the movie, you can find more information here:

IMDB 

Hey, hi, hello! My name is April and contrary to belief, I was not born in April—but that's okay. I enjoy (many) cups of coffee, '80s romcoms, and film photography. I write about things that I care about, so hopefully you find some interest in them as well.