This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Ask anyone who owns a pair of Dr. Martens boots; affectionately referred to as “Docs”, and they will tell you they live in them. I know I live in mine.  Since moving to Seattle I’ve come to discover that they are a staple in the Seattleite’s wardrobe. And why is this? Not only are they extremely comfortable, practical, and fashionable but they can also be effortlessly paired with just about anything: pants, leggings, and my personal favorite–the dress and docs look.

Take a look around Seattle U and you’ll begin to notice the glamorous yet grungy docs stomping all around campus. 

Me in my first pair of Docs…the metallic beauties that started it all!

Above, SU student Shelbi Fitzpatrick wears her blue, patent Docs to breakfast.

Bailey Keogh, pairs her classic black Docs with a vintage tee, blazer, and bowler’s hat while enjoying the beautiful Seattle weather in front of the library.

Behind the scenes at the Fashion Club of Seattle University’s On My Block fashion show 2014; A Romantic Rebellion, Hair stylist and make up artist Shannon O’Sullivan rocks her white Docs. 

Student, Anya Bychkova, wears her funky teal and black distressed Docs on a rainy day.

Want a fresh pair of your own? 

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.