This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Downtown Seattle. A city with a plethora of places to explore. Sometimes I genuinely forget how lucky I am to live in a city, so as a reminder to me, and to all of you, I wanted to share some unique places that you and a significant other can go on a date! Although dating in Seattle isn’t always ideal, it’s always fun to have an adventure buddy to share experiences with. These are all the cute and fun date ideas that I would one day love to go on.

Woodland Park Zoo

Pretty cheesy, I know. This has been something I’ve wanted to do with a significant other forever. It’s the perfect way to have conversations while getting the opportunity to look at cute animals and expand your knowledge. To make it extra special, in the winter, if you go after dark, there’s an event called ZooLights. Glimmering colors in the shape of wild animals light up the winding pathways. Holding hands, drinking hot chocolate, and sharing your time with one another–this makes for a great Instagram picture and is pretty romantic.

Century Ballroom

Who doesn’t love learning a new dance and dancing the night away? Okay, it’s not for everyone, but if you’re up for a new experience, I would recommend this one. Whether you’ve been dating years or even a few months, this location and task can definitely take you out of your comfort zone. Century Ballroom offers classes almost every day of the week before the official dance event. After each lesson, you get free entry into the event and can continue to dance and have a good time with each other. Some dance forms include swing, waltz, salsa, and bachata. I think this activity is really authentic. Even though it might seem scary at first, sometimes those moments lead up to the most memorable experiences.

GameWorks

For all you video game and arcade nerds out there, I got you, don’t worry. If you love old school video/arcade games, GameWorks was made for you. GameWorks is located in Downtown Seattle next to the Regal Cinemas movie theater. It has hundreds of old school video and arcade games that you probably played when you were a kid. I’m always up for a little friendly competition so I have gone in the past with my friends. However, I think it would be even more fun and special with a significant other. Maybe you’ll get to see a little of their competitive nature. It’s also reasonably priced. There are deals on Groupon where you can get a $20 pass for the whole day! There are also other deals offered every day that are mentioned on their website. I’m already excited to go back!

Ferry Ride to Bainbridge Island

If you’re looking to get out of the city and explore a new location this is perfect for you. With the sun in the sky and the nice cool ocean breeze, it’s exhilarating taking in the beauty of ferry riding in Washington. The Seattle skyline in the distance and the occasional spotting of seals are some of my favorite parts. Plus, once you get to Bainbridge there are plenty of small shops and museums to go explore together. There’s also a well-known ice cream place that I’ve heard amazing reviews about: Mora Iced Creamery. (You might want to wait on that one until the weather officially decides to warm up.)

Laser Dome Show at Pacific Science Center

I love museums, but as a STEM major, it would be heartbreaking if I didn’t share one of my favorite places in Seattle with you all. I grew up going to the Pacific Science Center for field trips, and it honestly played a big role in determining what I want to do with my future. (Although that’s getting a bit deep.) I would recommend not just going for the laser dome show, but the whole Pacific Science Center experience. There’s plenty of shows, activities, and places to explore inside, which might end up taking the whole day. I love the interactivity of this place and how every time I go in, I come out learning something new. This center also has IMAX movies playing, so if you’re a movie fanatic, there’s always this option for you. I appreciate the possibilities this place offers and how you and your significant other can gain more insight of the world from this experience together.

As midterms approach, if you’re looking for a post-exam de-stresser hopefully some of these ideas inspire you. Good luck to you all!

Shivani is a 3rd year undergrad student pursuing a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology. Her first loves has always been reading and writing, both of which she started at a very young age. She enjoys writing pieces about personal situations and topics in her life that she feels will be helpful and applicable to others. Her dreams are to become a Family Medicine doctor and publish a book of her poetry.