Ceci's Packing Playlist

Even the most nostalgic and even stressful activities need their own soundtrack

Hello, all! Surprise, surprise, Ceci’s making yet another playlist. But let it be known that this playlist is guaranteed to lighten the load of having to pack as well as study for finals. Well, if it doesn’t lighten the load it will definitely make it suck less. (But hey! We’ve all been there!)

If you read my article last week about me being a “sentimental packer” 1) I love you, 2) you know packing is clearly not the easiest thing for me. So I figured, “Why not at least make it remotely enjoyable with a playlist?” This week I’m coming to you all with a lighthearted list full of songs that I’ll be listening to this year as I pack up my apartment for summer. As you know the playlist is collaborative so if you have any tunes you love to dance to while you wrap things in bubble wrap…. feel free to add it!

1. “I’m So Into You” by SWV
  2. “Truth Hurts” “Like a Girl”  by Lizzo
  3. “Fake ID” by Riton and Kah-Lo
  4. “Fast” by Juice WRLD
  5. “Dancing With A Stranger” by Sam Smith and Normani
  6. “This Charming Man” by The Smiths
  7. “Summertime Magic” and “Sober” by Childish Gambino
  8. “Callaita” by Bad Bunny and Tainy
  9. “Quicksand” by SZA
  10.  “Bad Idea” by Ariana Grande
  11. “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
  12. “New House” by Rex Orange County
  13. “Let’s Fall In Love for the Night” by FINNEAS
  14. “Never Go Back” by Dennis Lloyd
  15.  “Rock with You” by Michael Jackson
  16. “I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Kahn
  17. “Island in the Sun” by Wheezer
  18. “OLLA (Only Lovers Left Alive)” by Jhene Aiko
  19. “Vultures-Live at the Nokia Theater, Los Angeles” by John Mayer
  20. “Bye Bye Bye” by *NSYNC

So whether you’re someone who plans ahead and packs early or you’re like me and you save most of the heavy lifting for the weekend before, hopefully you’ve found a song on here to jam out to! I feel like this time of year always goes by too quickly, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. The important thing during finals week and especially when packing up and moving, to remember that you’re only human! Work hard but don’t forget to do a little something special for yourself to relax and enjoy it all!