Campus Celebrity: Femme Fatale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Femme Fatale is a dance group made up of some of Seattle University’s very own: Dominic Ortiz, Annie Nienow-Birch, Christine Mosely, and Sydney Dale.  

HC: How did you all meet one another?

We all met on the Seattle University cheer and dance team.

HC: How did you come up with the name Femme Fatale?

We made a team for Dance Marathon in 2013 and named it Femme Fatale. The name seemed like it was a good fit for all of us, so we have been going by Femme Fatale ever since.

HC: What inspires you as dancers?

A favorite past time of ours is looking up dance videos on YouTube. Choreographers like Yanis Marshall, Kyle Hanagami, Ian Eastwood, and Brian Pups all have been a great influence on us. Different songs and genres also seem to inspire us. After we hear a song we really enjoy, one of us will create choreography for it.

HC: What is your favorite style of dance?

It really depends who you talk to! It ranges from hip-hop to street jazz to burlesque! We all have very different dance backgrounds, so it makes it fun for us to come together and collaborate on different styles. 

HC: Where is the coolest place you guys have performed?

The coolest place we have performed has been the Seattle University Drag Show. The audience has a really high energy that makes it really fun to perform for them. It is also exciting to dance for our peers, who may have otherwise not have seen Femme Fatale perform before.

HC: What is your most current project?

Our latest project is our new choreography video to Stubborn Love by The Lumineers! We split up our videos this quarter so that everyone gets to choreograph two videos. Annie Nienow- Birch choreographed this video, but we’ve all added our own little touch to it. (Shout out to Sam Wolff for filming!)

HC: Here are some more great videos of Femme Fatale doing what they do best!