This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Pride can be daunting for a first-timer and an all-timer. There are so many things to think about before attending a parade that celebrates you. So, if you’re anything like me, you’ll be worrying about what to wear months before the festivities. If you’re looking for ideas about how to be the most fabulous version of yourself, look no further than this article. 

[Remember–Clothing has no gender; wear what makes you happy.]

1. Twinning

If you’re hopping along the parade with your parter or best friend, twinning is the best way to go. There is nothing cuter than two people that love each other coordinating outfits. 

2. Tie Dye

Tie dye is the easiest option to show your pride. You’ve got the rainbow, the comfort, and the option to wear it after the parade. Can it get any better?

3. Nude Booty

The pride parade is notorious for it’s lack of clothing. If a speedo and nipple tassles are more your style, do it. 

4. The Ally

If you’re the straight friend in the group, but you still want to be a part of the fun, represent yourself with this shirt. Show your support for your friends and family. A lot of celebrities rock this shirt, showing support for thier LGBTQ+ fans. Be as noble as Sir Ian McKellan.

5. Gay DIY

The biggest trend right now is do-it-yourself fashion. Paint your nails, crochet a beanie, do your makeup, or turn a rainbow flag into a shawl or dress–the world is yours. 

6. Costumes

Live it up! Sometimes a costume better suits your goals for pride. The festival has a reputation for being a little wacky and we wouldn’t want it any other way. 

7. Keep it simple, keep it you 

If you’re of a younger crowd and not too sure about the eccentric clothing options, keep it relatively simple. This is exactly what 13-year-old me would have worn to pride. To find the best homo clothing, look no further than Bobo Academy. You can get a nice “trEAT YOUR GIRL RIGHT” top to keep it effortless and straightforward (even when you’re not).

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.