8 Easy Dishes to Make Your S.O. This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, 1980)

1.     One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta

Give the usual spaghetti with marina a break and plop your favorite veggies into a carbohydrate everyone enjoys! Get the recipe here.

2.     3 -Ingredient Grilled Salmon

That’s right, fish! Before you over think this delicious option, remember how fun it is to use tin foil. I know you miss the days of making foil animals and barbequing! Don’t have a BBQ? No problem! Stick them in the oven to bake. Your friends will appreciate a change of pace – I promise you! Get the recipe here.

3.     Ratatouille

While it is the name of a children’s movie, ratatouille is a delicious option for the cold wintery nights that are approaching other than chicken noodle soup…with a soda on the side. It passes as French food and paired with a crunchy baguette you’ll be singing “je te aime” all night long! Get the recipe here.

4.     4–Ingredient Blueberry Bliss Bars

These bad boys not only take a mere four ingredients to make, but also do not require any actual baking and are gluten free, vegan, and paleo friendly! You cover all your bases while being equally delicious and simple. Get the recipe here.

5.     Peanut Butter and Jelly Panini

That’s right, I went there! Not only will you score some serious originality points, but they are super quick when faced with a scramble and short on time. I am going to go out on a limb and say if you can’t figure this one out yourself, you have larger issue in life than figuring out what to make your S.O. to eat for V-day.

6.     15-Minute Mini Calzones

These great little alternatives to pizza allow for some creative freedom if you will. You can go just about as crazy as you want with the fillings (please remember to pre-cook any meat or fish you may desire to add). This could also be a great option to make together so everyone gets what they want. Have fun! Get the recipe here.

7.     One-Pot Chicken and Vegetable Skillet

This dish is seriously chopping and cooking, I have so much faith in you! It is a classic that is conveniently both a side dish and main course in one. Chop away! Get the recipe here.

8.     Homemade Truffles

This is a step up from fondue and chocolate dipped strawberries (although those are classics), but this is also a great option for those on a budget. Skip the store-bought candies that usually taste like the factory they came from, and make them together as a free valentine’s day activity as well! My personal favorite, I promise they are even more delicious than they look! Get the recipe here.

Note: Flying solo this V-day? Celebrating with the gal pals? What a great opportunity to test these recipes out while watching an inappropriate number of cheesy rom-coms or insane horror movies (everyone has their tastes)! Either way, let lose and enjoy!

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.