This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Its that time during finals week when energy levels are at all time low from countless hours of studying and way too much time at the library. So how do you regain the lost energy to make it through this week? Coffee was probably your first answer, but everyone knows coffee is really bad for you and makes you crash hard after a few hours! So here are 7 easy ways to get energy fast and maintain it that don’t involve caffeine:

1. Go to the gym: It has been proven that exercise helps you de-stress as well as get energy, plus this will be a good study break and a chance to get out of your room for a bit.

2. Chew gum: Try a really minty piece. It has been proven that mint stimulates your nervous system and chewing gum will make you feel more alert.

3. Eat whole grains: Usually we think of carbs giving you energy that only last for a bit but ,whole grains give you energy that last ALL day. So go try some whole grains for breakfast.

4. Learn something new: This one might seem a bit odd because for the most part you are learning a lot while studying for finals. The trick is to take a break from studying and learn something new and interesting unrelated to your final, this has been proven to help stimulate your learning.

5. Belt out your favorite music: Listening to your favorite song can help give  you energy and decrease stress. Go put on your favorite song and don’t be afraid to sing it at the top of your lungs and dance crazy around your room!

6. Meditate: Stress and anxiety are the two things that drain your energy and make you feel sleepy. If you take a chunk out of your day to meditate you can help eliminate that stress and gain long lasting energy.

7. Take a power nap: We have all heard of the wonders of a power nap, but sometimes it feels like a power nap can leave you feeling more exhausted. That is because you are taking too long of a nap. The perfect time for a power nap is 20 minutes, or if you have time 90, which is a full sleep cycle.

Good luck with finals!