6 Things We Were More Prepared for than Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

If you go to Seattle U, mid-terms are very ambiguous. They come in all shapes and sizes and bring us nothing but despair. Midterms seem to be any test that does not occur in the first or last week of the quarter. Winter quarter is one of the most difficult to endure so midterms feel insurmountable.

Well, if you are like us midterms were in fact a challenge. Hindsight is 20/20 and now we can look back and see several things we were much more prepared for than our exams:

1.    The Super Bowl

Despite the harrowing loss that the Seattle Seahawks suffered, we had been prepared for the Super Bowl for the entire season. Maybe even since last season. We were ready for a second Super Bowl win – the entire city was decked out in blue and green and plastered with “12” flags! We were also very ready for Katy Perry’s half-time performance to change our lives and so it has. (Also, Missy Elliot!!!)

2.   The Interview Coming to Netflix

After a dramatic course of events at Sony Pictures we thought we would never get to see the satirical film portraying North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. But thanks to pressure from the President and several other key players, Sony released The Interview in select theaters in December and we have been anticipating its release to Netflix ever since. Take a break from binging on Friends and watch this movie, it is hilarious!

3.   Harper Lee Releasing a Book after 50 Years

Welp, nobody saw this coming but Harper Lee has chosen to release the prequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. This book, set to be released in July, will give us new meaning to the classic that we all know and love. The world needs good fiction that addresses issues of race because racism is not over, as events in Cleveland, NYC and Ferguson have demonstrated. We are certainly ready to read this new work.

4.   The Sasquatch! Lineup

The people who bought presale tickets to Sasquatch over the last couple months have anxiously been waiting for the release of the Sasquatch Music Festival lineup. At the Neptune Theatre they announced that artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Lana del Ray, Ryan Adams and Tame Impala would be headliners at the famous festival over Memorial Day weekend. So, now we are all bogged down with planning for Sasquatch instead of studying.

5.    Snowstorm Juno 2015

Surprisingly enough, snowstorm Juno did not shutdown the entire northeast. Major cities took extensive precautions to avoid injury and other snow-related disasters. Because everyone was so well prepared, nobody knew what to do. Many had work off and all day to sled or watch movies. On the other side of the country we just got rain. Thank you, temperate climate.

6.   And pretty much everything else…

Zombie apocalypse, anyone?

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.