10 Shows to Watch for This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

There is nothing more exciting than getting back to school in the fall and finding that new awesome show to obsess over all year! Below I am listing my top 10 favorite new fall shows that include everything from drama, comedy, romance and mystery. You can find your favorite to watch on those study breaks every week.

1) Selfie

Channel: ABC

Genre: Comedy

My rating: B+

Synopsis: This show talks about the life of a social media obsessed girl who hires her co-worker Henry to rebrand her life after a work incident makes her realize that having thousands of Facebook friends and hundreds of followers doesn’t mean you have real friends.

2) Manhattan Love Story

Channel: ABC

Genre: Romantic Comedy

My rating: B-

Synopsis: This tells the story of two strangers in New York City and their very different comical thoughts when it comes to dating.

3) Forever

Channel: ABC

Genre: Forensic Drama

Synopsys: Forever tell the story of Dr. Henry Morgan a medical examiner in New York who helps solve mysteries to determine the cause of his very own secret: Immortality.

My rating: A

4) How to get Away with Murder

Channel: ABC

Genre: Drama

Synopsys: This show is about Criminal Law professor Analise Keating, a fierce lawyer defending the most hardened and violent criminals, and her class of students who will do anything to get one of the five coveted positions in her law firm.

My rating: A+

5) Stalker

Channel: CBS

Genre: Suspense Thriller

Synopsys: This show follows the lives of detectives Maggie and Dylan who investigate stalking incidents for the Threat Assessment unit in the LAPD. They see everything from voyeurism and cyber harassment and romantic fixation and respond to the cases before they get out of control or end in tragedy.

My rating: A

6) The Mysteries of Laura

Channel: NBC

Genre: Comedy

Synopsys: This show tells the story of a homicide detective balancing her life as a mother of two young kids and career driven woman trying to clean up the streets.

My rating: C+

7) Red Band Society

Channel: Fox

Genre: Unique dramedy

Synopsys: This show takes place in a treatment hospital called Ocean Park where a group of kids find unlikely friendships as they all struggle to surpass their own illnesses and lead normal lives.

My rating: A

8) Jane the Virgin

Channel: the CW

Genre: Comedy

Synopsys: Jane is planning to wait until marriage but by a change of fate gets accidentally inseminated. This shows follows her journey as she struggles to find what her future will hold with this unexpected turn of events.

My rating: A-

9) A to Z

Channel: NBC

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Synopsys: This show follows Andrew, a hopeless romantic that works at an online dating company, and Zelda, a lawyer who prefers to be in control of her dating life and does not believe in fate, as they take on the 8 months five days and one hour relationship.

My rating: A-

10) Scorpion

Channel: CBS

Genre: Drama

Synopsys: Inspires by a true story, Scorpio follows the life of a genius named Walter O’Brien and his four exceptionally talented friends as they unite with the Department of Homeland Security to solve the nation’s crisis and in that path find a way to fit in.

My rating: A-