This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Winding down from a busy week is one of the best feelings. Laying in your bed, opening up Netflix, and searching for the perfect movie to sum up your week, but it can take so much time to find the best movie hidden behind all of the choices that Netflix has to offer. Well look no further, because I have watched hundreds of movies on this streaming site and handpicked the best movies for each mood that you’re feeling.

Childhood Nostalgia

We all go through those times where we’re looking at old pictures or videos, and remembering when things used to be so great. Old friends who were still there for you, certain events that were some of the happiest times of your life, you can’t help but feel nostalgic for the past where life felt perfect. Here are some movies that help you relive your childhood memories.

• Lilo and Stitch

• Emperor’s New Groove

• Tarzan

Lonely and wanting a new boo

When you’re feeling a bit lovesick and needing that significant other to cuddle with, these movies have your back. Ignore all of your current relationship problems and put yourself into the place of these lead characters and you’ll instantly feel better.

• The Spectacular Now

• The Notebook

• Love, Rosie

Sing-A-Longs

Sometimes all you need is a big bowl of popcorn and a great musical to sing your heart out. These films range from classic sing-a-long songs to musical masterpieces, but any of these options will have you singing at the top of your lungs and annoying your roommates.

• Mama Mia!

• High School Musical 3

• West Side Story

Laughing Out Loud

These comedies range from standup comedy to raunchy friendship comedies, but I promise that you won’t be able to finish any of these movies without cracking a smile at a dumb joke. If you’re feeling the need to forget about your current problems and want to have a good laugh, these movies are for you!

• American Pie

• John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City

• Bachelorette

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty pleasure movies are my personal favorite. These are the cheesy movies that everybody says that they hate and would never recommend to anyone, but secretly scratch an itch that no critically acclaimed movie can.

• The Kissing Booth

• To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

• Legally Blonde

Needing a good scare

Some people are completely against anything scary, whether it be horror movies or scary books, but a good scare can be just the thing to make your weekend a bit more interesting. If you feel like you need a twist-ending to end your day, here are the best movies for you.

• The Sixth Sense

• The Boy

• Would You Rather

Lindsay is a freshman at San Diego State University, living in SoCal for the first time (she is a purebred NorCal girl). Majoring in Business Management, her dream is to work her way into theater management for a major company. In her free time, she enjoys watching horror movies, reading cheesy romance novels, or exploring sunny San Diego!
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!